Milford Kids Thrive’s Outdoor Fun pages will provide you with ideas for outdoor seasonal activities, potential places to explore, as well as upcoming events including Milford Thrives’ monthly fall and winter hikes. Follow the Milford Kids Thrive calendar for a schedule of local family-friendly activities and events.
- Milford Recreation hosts classes for kids of all ages as well as adults and families. Be sure to check out their latest seasonal schedule for updates and follow the Milford Kids Thrive calendar for kids offerings.
- MCAA, Milford Community Athletic Association, provides youth of all ages with athletic activities including clinics, teams, and fun.
- Milford Thrives family-friendly hikes are held on the 2nd Saturday of the month from October to May. Be sure to visit our Milford Kids Thrive Calendar and Facebook page for details on upcoming hikes. Here is a list of past adventures – there are so many great spots right here in Milford where you can explore with your family on your own, too:
- Beaver Brook at Burns Farm (Mullen Road entrance or Burns Hill Rd entrance)
- Monson Village Trails, 520 Federal Hill Rd
- Souhegan River Trail, Milford Community Athletic Association Fields, 26 N River Rd
- Heron Pond Path, 80 Heron Pond Rd
- Tucker Brook Town Forest & Falls, Savage Rd
- Milford Conservation Commission also hosts monthly hikes on the 4th Saturday of each month beginning at 8:30 am.
- The NH Rail Trail Coalition (NHRTC) has put together a comprehensive list of NH rail trails. Rail trails are a great option for outdoor fun and are generally good for family members of all ages because of the wide and fairly flat paths. They are great options for walking, running, bikes, scooters and strollers!
- The Greater Nashua Planning Commission has created a wonderful Greater Nashua recreational map of area parks, playgrounds and other outdoor fun places to explore.
- Wadleigh Memorial Library is located right here in Milford. Be sure to follow our family fun Calendar and Facebook page for updates on their family-friendly activities. The library hosts some events outside in good weather in their new OWL area.
- Milford has a number of playgrounds, including:
- Keyes Memorial Park, 45 Elm St Milford. Keyes has a large playground plus fields, tennis courts, a skate park, seasonal pool, and a picnic gazebo.
- Heron Pond Elementary School playground, 80 Heron Pond Rd Milford
- Jacques Memorial School playground, 9 Elm St Milford
- Shepard Park, 418 Nashua St Milford
- Looking for good sledding hills nearby?
- Behind Jacques Elementary School in Milford (good for little ones), 9 Elm St., Milford*
- Hill behind the barn next to the horse pasture at Educational Farm at Joppa Hill (nice toddler size), 174 Joppa Hill Rd, Bedford
- Carnival Hill in Wilton (Hillside Rd, Wilton)* Bragdon Farm Hill in Amherst (just past LaBelle Winery on 101 >> parking on left)
- Visit Milford-area farms to enjoy the in-season harvest, visit the animals, or buy some local seasonal produce:
- The Milford Fish Hatchery is open to the public. It hosts interactive educational exhibits about hatchery operations, fisheries management concerns, and the value of riparian areas. There is also a short nature trail, constructed by the Milford Conservation Commission, that follows along Purgatory Brook.
- Beaver Brook Association has beautiful forested paths that are open to the public. They also host a number of child/youth/family educational events, including Natural Wonders classes for little ones and caregiver (registration and fees required). The Milford Kids Thrive calendar will include Beaver Brook’s free events along with information on other family-friendly offerings.
- Joppa Hill Farm’s trails are open to the public. The farm also has a barnyard full of farm animals, educational classes and seasonal events. Be sure to check their website for updates – some events are free; most have a class fee and limited spaces.
Do you have an event or program you’d like to recommend? We welcome your suggestions — please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Milford Kids Thrive’s Outdoor Fun pages will provide you with updates on outdoor seasonal activities, including Milford Thrives-hosted monthly hikes, area playgrounds, and other outside fun events.
Milford Kids Thrive’s Indoor Fun pages will provide you with the latest information on classes and inside fun activities available to you and your young children, including seasonal activities, story times and other community events.